unarchive In The Box of 6221 keyboard_arrow_down
- 4 of Super Grease - 19-1750-001
- 4 of SHELL-20 (2.173 X .938 ID X 2.200 inches)
- 4 of Metal Sleeves - 60983 (.875 X .156 X 2.440 inches)
- 4 of Metal Sleeves - 61034 (1.00 X .156 X 3.385 inches)
- 4 of Upper Control Arm Bushings - 64454
- 2 of Lower Front Control Arm Bushings - 64455
- 2 of Lower Rear Control Arm Bushings - 64456
lock Warranty Information keyboard_arrow_down
- Lifetime Warranty. Prothane guarantees all Prothane Suspension Parts to be free of defects in materials and workmanship (not due to abuse, neglect or misapplication) for the total time the vehicle remains with the original purchaser of the product(s). Should the products fail to meet these conditions, Prothane will replace the product, free of charge. This excludes any and all related labor charges. The product must be shipped to Prothane (postage prepaid) along with a copy of the original receipt."
6221 | Ford F150 Front Control Arm Replacement Bushing Kit
Prothane Control Arm Bushings
A control arm bushing plays a vital role in a suspension. Replace those faulty O.E. rubber bushings with Prothane's polyurethane control arm bushings. These polyurethane bushings provide the longevity and performance needed to maximize a suspension's efficiency.
Prothane's polyurethane is a firmer bushing than the O.E. Not only does this increase the longevity of the bushing but gives the suspension a boost in handling performance. With a firmer bushing, there will be a slight increase in NVH (noise, vibration, and harshness), but most drivers prefer the boost in performance in spite of that.
The Faulty O.E.
As your suspension travels, a rubber control arm bushing is repeatedly stretching and flexing. After a while, the center sleeve begins to sag and your suspension alignment is throw out of whack. The sagging will go on until the rubber fails completely.
Use Prothane's Super Grease
Control arm bushings are a high stress part, so be sure to use the supplied Prothane's Super Grease to lubricate the bushings during installation. Its super important that you lubricate each bushing well to prevent any squeaking. If you'd like some extra grease just in case, pick up an extra 3 pack.
question_answer Customer Questions and Answers
- Is part number 6221 the only control arm bushing kit you offer for my 06 Ford F-150 4x4 or am I able to purchase just the lowers?
- Prothane 6221 is sold as a set we do not offer just the lower control arm bushings for the 06 Ford F-150 4x4.