lock Warranty Information keyboard_arrow_down
- Lifetime Warranty. Prothane guarantees all Prothane Suspension Parts to be free of defects in materials and workmanship (not due to abuse, neglect or misapplication) for the total time the vehicle remains with the original purchaser of the product(s). Should the products fail to meet these conditions, Prothane will replace the product, free of charge. This excludes any and all related labor charges. The product must be shipped to Prothane (postage prepaid) along with a copy of the original receipt."
7143 | Body Mount Bushings Kit - Chevrolet Avalanche 1500
Prothane's Body to Frame Mount Bushings
With a high stress part like the body to frame mount bushing, O.E. rubber just doesn't cut it. Prothane's polyurethane is a stronger material for a body to frame mount bushing. Polyurethane is able to handle the constant beating a body mount takes, and is not vulnerable to road grime or UV rays. With Prothane's body mounts, you can protect your body to frame attachment, and your smooth ride, for years to come.
Replacing the Faulty Rubber
O.E. Manufacturer's use soft rubber body mounts to attach a body and frame. Over time these bushings deteriorate due to wear and tear, UV rays or road grime. Once the rubber starts to fail, the attachment point is compromised and the bushing can literally just fall off. Without body to frame mount bushings, the smooth connection between your body and frame is gone and your smooth ride is gone with it. Now bumps and potholes will really put your seat belt to work.
Product Reviews for 7143 | Body Mount Bushings Kit - Chevrolet Avalanche 1500
- 5 Star (6)
- 4 Star (1)
- 3 Star (1)
- 2 Star (0)
- 1 Star (0)
starstarstarstarstar" Very impressed "
Really like these suspension parts. Great improvement over stock parts.verified_user Verified Buyer - Dawn Whiteman - . Prothane 7143 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" Very high quality precision parts "
These body mount bushings were used to replace deteriorated factory rubber. The truck now has a very solid feel.verified_user Verified Buyer - Eugene B. Neill - . Prothane 7143 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar_border" Pretty good "
I thought these body mounts were pretty good mounts. They were cut perfectly and fit very nicely. My body mounts were bad on the up travel side so they eliminated some body trashing over severe bumps. Only problem was the washer provided was to thin and bent on installation. I didnt bother trying to find a stronger washer because the washer had already squeezed down the mount so much that thought the benefit wouldnt be noticeable. The OEM washers are big thick ones that dont bend but you cant really re use because they are in the old mount and you would have to dig them out. Also this kit had the radiator support mount which I was very happy to get with the bundle as technically that isnt a body mount.verified_user Verified Buyer - vincent costanza - . Prothane 7143 - 4 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" Awesome "
These bushings took ALL of the body roll out of my 2006 Tahoe Z71. I am totally impressed with my "new" ride. The only "downside" is that I may decide to keep the Z71 for yet another 12 years! Thank you...very much...verified_user Verified Buyer - GMD - . Prothane 7143 - 5 out of 5
question_answer Customer Questions and Answers
- Will the 7143 include the radiator support bushings?
- Kit number 7143 will include the radiator support bushings as well as the body mount bushings.
- On part 7143 will it work on an H2 Hummer 07? I'm trying to find body mounts. It has a leveling kit on it.
- No, the part 7143 will not work on a Hummer H2 07 especially with a leveling kit, Prothane makes their kits for OEM stock replacement mounts only for the vehicles listed for fitment. I do apologize for this inconvenience. The best option to go with is universals which are based on measurements that you can add or mold to what you need you can find them here https://www.suspension.com/universal-isolators.asp ...see more
- What is the typical install time for changing the Bobby mounts 7143?
- With air tools and floor jacks, it would be 6-8 hours. With air tools and a lift 4-6 hours