lock Warranty Information keyboard_arrow_down
- Lifetime Warranty. Prothane guarantees all Prothane Suspension Parts to be free of defects in materials and workmanship (not due to abuse, neglect or misapplication) for the total time the vehicle remains with the original purchaser of the product(s). Should the products fail to meet these conditions, Prothane will replace the product, free of charge. This excludes any and all related labor charges. The product must be shipped to Prothane (postage prepaid) along with a copy of the original receipt."
7143 | Body Mount Bushings Kit - Chevrolet Avalanche 1500
Prothane's Body to Frame Mount Bushings
With a high-stress part like the body to frame mount bushing, O.E. rubber just doesn't cut it. Prothane's polyurethane is a stronger material for a body to frame mount bushing. Polyurethane is able to handle the constant beating a body mount takes and is not vulnerable to road grime or UV rays. With Prothane's body mounts, you can protect your body to frame attachment, and your smooth ride, for years to come.
Replacing the Faulty Rubber
O.E. Manufacturer's use soft rubber body mounts to attach a body and frame. Over time these bushings deteriorate due to wear and tear, UV rays or road grime. Once the rubber starts to fail, the attachment point is compromised and the bushing can literally just fall off. Without body to frame mount bushings, the smooth connection between your body and frame is gone and your smooth ride is gone with it. Now bumps and potholes will really put your seat belt to work.
Product Reviews for 7143 | Body Mount Bushings Kit - Chevrolet Avalanche 1500
- 5 Star (10)
- 4 Star (1)
- 3 Star (2)
- 2 Star (0)
- 1 Star (0)
starstarstarstarstar" Review 1 Year Later "
Installed easy. Customer is very happy havent heard the clunks since we installed the bushing kit. Quality kit includes everything I needed..\nverified_user Verified Buyer - Jesse Bonnichsen - . Prothane 7143 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstar_borderstar_border" Review 1 Year Later "
Overall good, a couple of them split after a day or two. Editors Note: the most likely cause of the body mounts splitting is over-torquing the bolts. Unless noted in the instructions you should use OEM specs for torque.verified_user Verified Buyer - Benjamin J Peters - . Prothane 7143 - 3 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" Very good parts "
Have not had the chance to install yet due to weather.verified_user Verified Buyer - ROBERT BODNAR - . Prothane 7143 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" Very good+++ "
I ordered red style body mounts for my custom 03 5.3L turbo suburban and gotta say these bushings are amazing from ease of install to amazing ride quality and a more firm/solid feel which is good for the solid front axle swap and 06 front clip it has. I wish I did them sooner... So far no complaints at all worth every penny! Great product and a very nice overlooked upgrade!verified_user Verified Buyer - Garrett Richardson - . Prothane 7143 - 5 out of 5
question_answer Customer Questions and Answers
- What is the typical install time for changing the Bobby mounts 7143?
- With air tools and floor jacks, it would be 6-8 hours. With air tools and a lift 4-6 hours
- I'm trying to find out if part number 7143, which is the Body Mount Bushings is definitely a direct fit for my 2007 GMC Yukon XL SLT, 4WD with the 5.3 liter engine before I commit to ordering it.
- Yes, the Prothane kit 7143 will fit your Yukon.
- Will the 7143 include the radiator support bushings?
- Kit number 7143 will include the radiator support bushings as well as the body mount bushings.
- On part 7143 will it work on an H2 Hummer 07? I'm trying to find body mounts. It has a leveling kit on it.
- No, the part 7143 will not work on a Hummer H2 07 especially with a leveling kit, Prothane makes their kits for OEM stock replacement mounts only for the vehicles listed for fitment. I do apologize for this inconvenience. The best option to go with is universals which are based on measurements that you can add or mold to what you need you can find them here https://www.suspension.com/universal-isolators.asp ...see more