unarchive In The Box of 11014 keyboard_arrow_down
- 4 of Super Grease - 19-1750-001
- 6 of Metal Sleeves - 60597 (3/4 X .083 X 2.800 inches)
- 4 of Front Spring Main Eye Bushing - 61173
- 4 of Front Spring Small Eye Bushing - 61174
- 4 of Front Shackle Bushing - 61175
lock Warranty Information keyboard_arrow_down
- Lifetime Warranty. Prothane guarantees all Prothane Suspension Parts to be free of defects in materials and workmanship (not due to abuse, neglect or misapplication) for the total time the vehicle remains with the original purchaser of the product(s). Should the products fail to meet these conditions, Prothane will replace the product, free of charge. This excludes any and all related labor charges. The product must be shipped to Prothane (postage prepaid) along with a copy of the original receipt."
Prothane Leaf Spring and Shackle Bushings
Vehicles with a leaf spring and shackle set up lean heavily on the springs to take the shock out of a bump. Not only does a leaf spring reduce the force of a bump that you feel, but it also evenly distributes the load across the chassis instead of the whole load pressing down on one point. Your ability to get to point A to point B without scraping the pavement is heavily dependent on the leaf spring and shackle bushings which mount the spring to the frame.
Prothane's polyurethane is a stronger material for the mounting points of a leaf spring and shackle. Polyurethane leaf spring bushings are able to handle the stress from the suspension and are not vulnerable to road grime. With Prothane's polyurethane, you can protect your vehicle's ability to carry a load, and your bumpy free ride, for years to come.
Replacing the Faulty Rubber
O.E. leaf spring and shackles utilize a soft rubber bushing to mount the spring to the frame. The rubber is great for reducing the noise and vibrations from being transferred into the cab. Unfortunately, rubber bushings have a short lifespan. Once the rubber fails, due to wear and tear or road grime, a leaf spring's effectiveness is severely reduced. Meaning you will experience a very bumpy ride, the vehicle's ability to carry a load or tow is hindered greatly and you'll experience a loss of control.
Use Prothane's Super Grease
Leaf spring and shackle bushings handle a lot of stress from the vehicle load, so be sure to use the supplied Prothane's Super Grease to lubricate the bushings during installation. Its super important that you lubricate each bushing well to prevent any squeaking. If you'd like some extra grease just in case, pick up an extra 3 pack.
Product Reviews for 11014 | Front Leaf Spring Bushings - Jeep Grand Wagoneer
- 5 Star (4)
- 4 Star (0)
- 3 Star (0)
- 2 Star (0)
- 1 Star (0)
starstarstarstarstar" great quality...was a battle putting them in "
These bushings were for my J20 and work great. But, they were challenging to put in. The tight fit is what you want, but make sure you have a herring press or heavy duty bolt and washers to pull them together. These made a huge improvement in ride and how my truck handles. Side note, a lot of older bushings came with a metal sleeve, it must be carefully removed. Take you time with the prepping eye, it will make things much easier when installing new parts.verified_user Verified Buyer - Zach T Schubert - . Prothane 11014 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" Great "
Thank You everything fit perfectly.verified_user Verified Buyer - guy prichard - . Prothane 11014 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" five stars "
Great fitment on my Wagoneer leaf springs I was surprised by the speed of the shipping ordered Sunday got the part Tuesdayverified_user Verified Buyer - Andrew Lawrence - . Prothane 11014 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" Great parts! "
Bushings were what I expected - high quality, great fit. Fast shipping and great communication was a plus.verified_user Verified Buyer - jeremiah oakley - . Prothane 11014 - 5 out of 5
question_answer Customer Questions and Answers
- Can I order just the shackle bushings from part number 11014? They are the only parts I need.
- No, Prothane does not sell their bushings individually from the kits.
- Does kit number 11014 include the new bolts and washers?
- No, part number 11014 only includes the bushings and the inner sleeves.
- Your instructions for leaf spring bushing installation recommend lubricating the inside of the spring eye and the outside diameter of the bushing ,these are press fit areas.Other manufactures do not seem to recommend this,could you please clarify
- Squeaking occurs when the bushing rubs against metal. Because the rubber is affixed to the metal and canít move in relation to the metal, there isnít an opportunity for squeaking. Polyurethane absolutely CAN squeak, IF you donít use grease. Polyuret thane bushings do not have a chemical bond with the housing theyíre installed into, but rather a mechanical bond. A mechanical bond occurs when the larger polyurethane bushing is installed into the slightly smaller hole. The pressure between the bushing and the metal keeps the bushing centered. With this mechanical bond, the opportunity for the polyurethane to squeak is opened up. If the bushing rotates and rubs the outer metal shell as the suspension travels, squeaking can occur. This is where the grease is VITAL. If you install the bushing properly, and lubricate the bushing well, there will not be any squeaking. See the Servicing section below for more on this. ...see more