unarchive In The Box of 121109 keyboard_arrow_down
- 2 of Rear 1/2 Inch Bushings - 62557
- 4 of End Link Bushings - 62556
- 2 of Metal Washers - 67 (7/16 X 1.375 X 0.080 inches)
- 2 of Prothane High Tech Grease - 191750-001
add_shopping_cart Suggested Parts 1keyboard_arrow_down
lock Warranty Information keyboard_arrow_down
- Lifetime Warranty. Prothane guarantees all Prothane Suspension Parts to be free of defects in materials and workmanship (not due to abuse, neglect or misapplication) for the total time the vehicle remains with the original purchaser of the product(s). Should the products fail to meet these conditions, Prothane will replace the product, free of charge. This excludes any and all related labor charges. The product must be shipped to Prothane (postage prepaid) along with a copy of the original receipt."
shuffle Cross References 1keyboard_arrow_down
Prothane Sway Bar Bushings
A sway bar bushing plays a huge role in your suspension, so don't settle for rubber. Prothane Sway Bar bushings are made of polyurethane, much more durable material for suspension bushings than rubber. Polyurethane does not break down due to road grime, weather or oils the way the rubber can. Have the peace of mind knowing you have a long-lasting part on your sway bar with Prothane's sway bar bushings. Prothane's polyurethane sway bar bushings provide a secure grip on the sway bar and do not warp over time. With this snug grip, your vehicle will see a performance boost similar to installing a larger sway bar.
A sway bar's function is to maintain the maximum amount of road contact during tires. The sway bar is held to the frame of the vehicle with a sway bar bushing. Original Equipment rubber can warp and/or crack, losing its grip on the bar. This causes your sway bar to lose its effectiveness. Just look at the old rubber sway bar bushing to the left. Imagine how good of a grip that thing could keep on a sway bar. Go with Polyurethane.
Use Prothane's Super Grease
The metal sway bar rotates inside the sway bar bushings, so be sure to use the supplied Prothane's Super Grease to lubricate the bushings during installation. Its super important that you lubricate each bushing well to prevent any squeaking. If you'd like some extra grease just in case, pick up an extra 3 pack.
Product Reviews for 121109 | Rear Sway Bar and Endlink Bushings 12.5mm | Miata 90-97
- 5 Star (2)
- 4 Star (0)
- 3 Star (0)
- 2 Star (0)
- 1 Star (0)
starstarstarstarstar" Very good "
Well made and fits well. Although I wasn't sure where the washers go. It wasn't on the manual.verified_user Verified Buyer - Danny Chun - . Prothane 121109 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" Positive "
These were purchased for converting a 1996 Miata from a tired street car to a car that will be used on track days at a road course in Virginia. The idea was to complement the polyurethane bushings that were being used elsewhere in the suspension by using these in the key area of the anti-roll bars. The only problem encountered was that the metal sleeves had too small an inner diameter to accommodate the bolts that connect the bar to the suspension. I had to drill each one of the metal bushings larger. Other than that the quality of the product components was excellent.verified_user Verified Buyer - James Leonard - . Prothane 121109 - 5 out of 5
compare_arrows Compare with Similar Parts
- This part
- Bushing Material: Polyurethane
($15.60) more expensive
- Bushing Material: Polyurethane