unarchive In The Box of 14307 keyboard_arrow_down
- 8 of Super Grease - 19-1750-001
- 4 of Metal Sleeves - 60695 (1 X .250 X 1.610 inches)
- 10 of Metal Sleeves - 60874 (1.0 X .250 X 1.960 inches)
- 2 of Metal Sleeves - 61041 (1 X .095 WALL X 1.690 inches)
- 2 of Metal Sleeves - 61042 (1 X .250 WALL X 1.760 inches)
- 4 of Control Arm Lower Link Bushings - 64457
- 2 of Control Arm Radius Rod Bushings - 64458
- 4 of Front Control Arm Bushings - 64459
- 4 of Rear Control Arm Bushings - 64460
- 4 of Spring Arm Bushings - 64461
- 8 of Upper Knuckle Bushings - 64462
- 4 of Radius Rod Knuckle Bushings - 64463
- 2 of Control Arm Outer Radius Rod Bushings - 64464
- 4 of Lower Link Knuckle Bushings - 64465
- 2 of Flat Metal Washers - 62 (1/2 X 2.00 X .125 inches)
lock Warranty Information keyboard_arrow_down
- Lifetime Warranty. Prothane guarantees all Prothane Suspension Parts to be free of defects in materials and workmanship (not due to abuse, neglect or misapplication) for the total time the vehicle remains with the original purchaser of the product(s). Should the products fail to meet these conditions, Prothane will replace the product, free of charge. This excludes any and all related labor charges. The product must be shipped to Prothane (postage prepaid) along with a copy of the original receipt."
shuffle Cross References 1keyboard_arrow_down
14307 | Rear Control Arm Bushing Replacements | 2003-2009 350Z
Rear Control Arm Bushings '03-'07 G35 + '03-'09 350Z
These Rear Control Arm Bushings from Prothane will replace worn and degraded rubber rear control arm bushings for the 2003-2009 Nissian 350Z or 2003-2007 Infiniti G35. Polyurethane Rear Control Arm Bushings will maintain rear wheel alignment much better than rubber, meaning better traction from your rear tires and reduction of uneven tire wear.
Camber and The Contact Patch
Ultimately, your entire 350Z or G35 is connected to the ground by 4 small patches of rubber, and how well that rubber is connected to the ground is a big factor in how fast and safe your car is. Soft rubber bushings connect the frame and the rear control arms, which hold the wheels, which hold the tires. Those rubber bushings flex when your suspension travels and can throw off the camber of your rear wheels, especially during a turn. This means your rear wheels will ride more on the edge of the tire, causing uneven wear or possibly a loss of traction.
A great option for keeping those rear wheels aligned is replacing the original rubber bushings with Prothane's Rear Control Arm Bushings. These polyurethane bushings will help maintain the camber of your rear wheels, keeping them vertical and the contact patch flat on the pavement where it's supposed to be.
Polyurethane is much more durable than rubber and can stand up to the elements that will degrade rubber bushings, like heat, wear, and road grime. This is pretty handy when you notice the pavement here in Stephenville, TX is actually boiling in the Summer sun. These bushings are covered to last the life of your vehicle by Prothane's lifetime warranty, which we here at DST handle for you in-house.
Give and Take
One complaint about polyurethane control arm bushings is the increase in noise, vibration, and harshness that accompanies the firmer connection to the road. This is true to some extent, but the amount of increase is generally acceptable when compared to the benefits of polyurethane over rubber. For one thing, rubber control arm bushings will inevitably wear down and give you problems.
Prothane's polyurethane bushings are designed to provide as much of a performance increase as possible, without sacrificing too much comfort for the driver. If you enjoy taking turns at speed then polyurethane bushings are definitely worth a look.
Bushing Replacement Kit
If you drive your 350Z or G35 agressively then you might not want to stop with just replacing the original rear control arm bushings. The rear sway bar bushings, front control arm bushings, and front sway bar bushings will provide even more control during turns and keep your wheels aligned through every suspension movement.
If you want to install polyurethane bushings throughout your car then Prothane's Total Kit for the 2003-2009 350Z and 2003-2007 G35 contains the polyurethane replacement for every bushing position. Fitment is garunteed so you don't have to worry about trying to find every individual piece if you want to overhaul the entire suspension.