unarchive In The Box of 16303 keyboard_arrow_down
- 4 of Super Grease - 19-1750-001
- 2 of Metal Sleeves - 60824 (1.00 X .120 X 2.145 inches .760ID inches)
- 2 of Metal Sleeves - 60986 (.875 X .187 X 2.250 inches)
- 2 of Front Control Arm Bushings - 64441
- 4 of Front Control Arm Bushings - 64442
- 2 of Flat Metal Washers - 1176 (3/4 X 1.500 X 0.141 inches)
lock Warranty Information keyboard_arrow_down
- Lifetime Warranty. Prothane guarantees all Prothane Suspension Parts to be free of defects in materials and workmanship (not due to abuse, neglect or misapplication) for the total time the vehicle remains with the original purchaser of the product(s). Should the products fail to meet these conditions, Prothane will replace the product, free of charge. This excludes any and all related labor charges. The product must be shipped to Prothane (postage prepaid) along with a copy of the original receipt."
shuffle Cross References 2keyboard_arrow_down
16303 | Front Control Arm Bushing Kit | Subaru Impreza 08-10
Prothane Control Arm Bushings
A control arm bushing plays a vital role in a suspension. Replace those faulty O.E. rubber bushings with Prothane's polyurethane control arm bushings. These polyurethane bushing provide the longevity and performance needed to maximize a suspension's efficiency.
Prothane's polyurethane is a firmer bushing than the O.E. Not only does this increase the longevity of the bushing, but gives the suspension a boost in handling performance. With a firmer bushing there will be a slight increase in NVH (noise, vibration and harshness), but most drivers prefer the boost in performance in spite of that.
The Faulty O.E.
As your suspension travels, a rubber control arm bushing is repeatedly stretching and flexing. After a while, the center sleeve begins to sag and your suspension alignment is throw out of whack. The sagging will go on until the rubber fails completely.
Use Prothane's Super Grease
Control arm bushings are a high stress part, so be sure to use the supplied Prothane's Super Grease to lubricate the bushings during installation. Its super important that you lubricate each bushing well to prevent any squeaking. If you'd like some extra grease just in case, pick up an extra 3 pack.
Product Reviews for 16303 | Front Control Arm Bushing Kit | Subaru Impreza 08-10
- 5 Star (3)
- 4 Star (0)
- 3 Star (0)
- 2 Star (0)
- 1 Star (0)
starstarstarstarstar" Good product. "
I must admit I had a shop press out the old and press these into my control arm. I did all four struts, ball joints, tie rod ends, rear control arms and both front half shafts and I just didn’t want to deal with the bushings. The car spent 6 years on salted east coast roads so I knew things would be tough. Anyway, really tightened up the front end, especially with the new struts which are heavier duty than the OEM. Overall stiffer, harsher ride but that’s how I like it. The original bushings were really shot, so the improvement was substantial. I would recommend this as an upgrade to Subarus that are primarily for street use.verified_user Verified Buyer - John B Murphy - . Prothane 16303 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" Bushings exactly as described but functions better than anticipated. "
Replaced stock bushings with these Prothane bushings and was quite surprised at the improved ride and handling of my Legacy. Makes for a firmer ride hence more feel from the road surface which is confidence inspiring. Should have come as stock part for the Legacy in the first place.verified_user Verified Buyer - Mohd Nor Iman Yahya iman1705 - . Prothane 16303 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" Very good "
Installed these to replace my worn stock bushings. They have a much firmer feel than the stock. No longer sounds like my wheel is going to fall off when going over bumps. And they got rid of my wheel wobble when braking. Very good product and no negatives.verified_user Verified Buyer - Ethan - . Prothane 16303 - 5 out of 5
compare_arrows Compare with Similar Parts
($3.54) more expensive
- Covers Inner Front Position Only
- Bushing Material: Polyurethane
question_answer Customer Questions and Answers
- 16303 is this kit for the front lower control arms?
- Part number 16303 is for the front upper and lowers for both sides of the vehicle.