unarchive In The Box of 181002 keyboard_arrow_down
- 8 of Shackle Bushings - 60269
- 4 of Spring Eye Bushings - 60364
- 2 of Metal Sleeves (3/4 X .083 X 2.760 inches)
- 1 of Super Grease - 19-1750-001
lock Warranty Information keyboard_arrow_down
- Lifetime Warranty. Prothane guarantees all Prothane Suspension Parts to be free of defects in materials and workmanship (not due to abuse, neglect or misapplication) for the total time the vehicle remains with the original purchaser of the product(s). Should the products fail to meet these conditions, Prothane will replace the product, free of charge. This excludes any and all related labor charges. The product must be shipped to Prothane (postage prepaid) along with a copy of the original receipt."
shuffle Cross References 1keyboard_arrow_down
Prothane Leaf Spring and Shackle Bushings
Vehicles with a leaf spring and shackle set up lean heavily on the springs to take the shock out of a bump. Not only does a leaf spring reduce the force of a bump that you feel, but it also evenly distributes the load across the chassis instead of the whole load pressing down on one point. Your ability to get to point A to point B without scraping the pavement is heavily dependent on the leaf spring and shackle bushings which mount the spring to the frame.
Prothane's polyurethane is a stronger material for the mounting points of a leaf spring and shackle. Polyurethane leaf spring bushings are able to handle the stress from the suspension, and is not vulnerable to road grime. With Prothane's polyurethane, you can protect your vehicle's ability to carry a load, and your bumpy free ride, for years to come.
Replacing the Faulty Rubber
O.E. leaf spring and shackles utilize a soft rubber bushing to mount the spring to the frame. The rubber is great for reducing the noise and vibrations from being transferred into the cab. Unfortunately, rubber bushings have a short lifespan. Once the rubber fails, due to wear and tear or road grime, a leaf spring's effectiveness is severely reduced. Meaning you will experience a very bumpy ride, the vehicle's ability to carry a load or tow is hindered greatly and you'll experience a loss of control.
Use Prothane's Super Grease
Leaf spring and shackle bushings handle a lot of stress from the vehicle load, so be sure to use the supplied Prothane's Super Grease to lubricate the bushings during installation. Its super important that you lubricate each bushing well to prevent any squeaking. If you'd like some extra grease just in case, pick up an extra 3 pack.
Product Reviews for Rear Leaf Spring Bushings - Toyota 4Runner - 181002
- 5 Star (3)
- 4 Star (0)
- 3 Star (0)
- 2 Star (0)
- 1 Star (0)
starstarstarstarstar" Love them "
They fit perfectly. It took me all of 15 min to install.verified_user Verified Buyer - Daniel Poland - . Prothane 181002 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" Mcguire_max@yahoo.com "
These parts were an exact fit for my conversion using 85 Toyota mounts it was one of the easiest parts to install & they work perfectly go ahead buy some with confidence that you wont be dissatisfied.verified_user Verified Buyer - Max McGuire - . Prothane 181002 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" Great quality/great results "
After the installation of these bushings, our 4Runner now rides even better than stock, and that's with 3" of lift and 35sverified_user Verified Buyer - Terry K Carrow - . Prothane 181002 - 5 out of 5
question_answer Customer Questions and Answers
- What is the inside diameter of the main eye bushings in part number 181002?
- The inside diameter of the main eye bushings in part number 181002 are .75 inches.
- Will the 181002 My 86 Toyota Pickup as the front and rear leaf spring bushings?
- The 181002 is fitted for the Rear leaf spring bushing replacement on an 86 Toyota Pickup. This kit will only fit the stock rear leafs. This will include the shackle and the main eye bushings.
- Do I need to keep the OE rear leaf spring sleeve, or can I remove it?
- Polyurethane spring bushings you press out the OEM rubber bushings, outer shell and all. Coat the spring eye and bushing with the supplied grease and push the bushing in without the inner sleeve. Then coat the ID of the bushing and inner sleeve with the grease and push the sleeve in. ...see more