unarchive In The Box of 19601 keyboard_arrow_down
- 2 of Metal Sleeves - 60557 (3/4 X .120 X 1.425(1/2MIN ID) inch)
- 4 of Hat Bushings - 60348 (1 1/8 OD X .750 ID X .680 L inch)
lock Warranty Information keyboard_arrow_down
- Lifetime Warranty. Prothane guarantees all Prothane Suspension Parts to be free of defects in materials and workmanship (not due to abuse, neglect or misapplication) for the total time the vehicle remains with the original purchaser of the product(s). Should the products fail to meet these conditions, Prothane will replace the product, free of charge. This excludes any and all related labor charges. The product must be shipped to Prothane (postage prepaid) along with a copy of the original receipt."
shuffle Cross References 1keyboard_arrow_down
Prothane Universal Flange Type Bushings
If you are in the market for universal flange type polyurethane bushings, you've come to the right place. If you are a fabricator needing a bushing to finish your design, this is the place to be. Or, if you've just come from your vehicle page and are needing a universal bushing, you're where you need to be. Prothane's polyurethane is an excellent material for bushings. Resistant to chemical, oils, and weathering, poly bushings are far more durable than rubber and will outperform any bushing out there. If you are in the market for universal flange type polyurethane bushings, you've come to the right place. If you are a fabricator needing a bushing to finish your design, this is the place to be. Or, if you've just come from your vehicle page and are needing a universal bushing, you're where you need to be. So if you are having an issue finding a bushing for your specific needs, below is information to help you find a matching bushing from Prothane's selection of universal flange type bushings.
How-to obtain the measurements
To obtain the first measurement you'll need to measure the length of the tube where the bushing will actually go inside. So this won't give you the total length of the bushing we need, just the length of the part of the bushing that will be inside the tube. Next, you will need the outer diameter of the bushing. Now, most of you do not have the luxury of measuring the outer diameter of the bushing you will need. But don't worry, you can simply measure the inner diameter of the tube you are working with and that should give you the diameter of the bushing you need.
Now the Length, or Sleeve length, will be the total length of the bushing you need including the flange. So measure the total length of the inner sleeve that your OE bushing has. If you don't have the OE sleeve that's okay. Just make sure you have the proper Bolt size for the sleeve to match your OE bolt size. If you don't have the bolts either, you'll be making a trip to the hardware store to get a bolt that matches the sleeve that comes with your universal bushings. If you have each measurement matched, but the bushing is too long, you can cut them down to match your needs. Once you have these measurements you verify that this part will work for your application. If you find that this bushing will not match your measurements, you can go to our Universal Bushing Page to find a bushing that matches your measurements.
What Exactly Am I Getting?
This part number will come with four half bushings and two steel inner sleeves, making two complete bushings. These bushings will have a durometer of 95A so they will be strong enough for the toughest of applications. Your best bet is to find a bushing that is either the exact measurement or slightly bigger so it will fit snug. And by slightly bigger I do mean slightly, no more than half a millimeter. Any bigger and it would probably be too big for your tube. Using a split design, Prothane has made this universal for an easy install. Simply put one half of the bushing on one side, the other half on the other side, and slide your steel sleeve through.
Product Reviews for Universal Flange Bushing | 19601
- 5 Star (17)
- 4 Star (0)
- 3 Star (0)
- 2 Star (0)
- 1 Star (0)
Everything fit as it should have.verified_user Verified Buyer - Bradley W Stone - . Prothane 19601 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" Review 2 Years Later "
I installed the bushings on my 55 Ford pickup (4 bar shock over kit) that I drive almost every day and they are still in good shape after 4,000 miles of driving. The rubber ones I installed first didnt last but 3,000 miles. Will ALWAYS replace any of my rubber bushing with your poly ones.verified_user Verified Buyer - Johnnie Eller - . Prothane 19601 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" Review 2 Years Later "
The bushings worked out great. I modified them to fit in my independent rear torsion bar suspension for my 1911 Model T Ford. I built the car in the mid 70s and restored it a couple of years ago. Its been on the cover of 2 magazines and Mattel made a Hot Wheels based on it. I only hope that youre still around with I restore the car in another 20 years.\n\n\nverified_user Verified Buyer - Steve Pennington - . Prothane 19601 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" They were what I expected. Did the job. "
The parts worked well. The only part that I used was the rubber pieces. The center was too small for the bolt that holds them to the bike.verified_user Verified Buyer - Rick Reid - . Prothane 19601 - 5 out of 5
question_answer Customer Questions and Answers
- I am using the 19601 as some bushings on my suspension install. what kind of grease do I need to use?
- With Prothane polyurethane it is best to use the Prothane 191750 super grease, that Prothane specifically makes for their polyurethane parts.
- I have a Lotus 7 type of vehicle and require 16 polyurethane type bushings for A-arm type suspension etc. The OD of the bushing is 28mm, the length of the outer tube is 32.5mm, the length of the inner sleeve is 37mm and the bolt is 1/2
- The bushing that comes closest to the measurements you have requested would be Prothane 19601. PIVOT BUSHINGS - 1-1/8 OD - 1/2 ID - 1-7/16 INCH LONG Manufacturer: Prothane Part Number: 19601