unarchive In The Box of 4804 keyboard_arrow_down
- 2 of Super Grease - 19-1705-001
- 4 of Hex Cap GR5 Bolt - 1165 (1/2-13 X 5 inches)
- 4 of Nylon Lock Nuts - 62 (1/2-13 inches)
- 4 of HD Shackle Plates - 1242
- 4 of Metal Sleeves - 60762 (11/16 X .083 X 3.360 inches)
- 8 of B&E Body HD Shackle Bushings - 61133
lock Warranty Information keyboard_arrow_down
- Lifetime Warranty. Prothane guarantees all Prothane Suspension Parts to be free of defects in materials and workmanship (not due to abuse, neglect or misapplication) for the total time the vehicle remains with the original purchaser of the product(s). Should the products fail to meet these conditions, Prothane will replace the product, free of charge. This excludes any and all related labor charges. The product must be shipped to Prothane (postage prepaid) along with a copy of the original receipt."
shuffle Cross References 1keyboard_arrow_down
Rear Leaf Spring Shackles - Dodge Dart - Prothane 4804
Prothane Leaf Spring and Shackle Bushings
Vehicles with a leaf spring and shackle set up lean heavily on the springs to take the shock out of a bump. Not only does a leaf spring reduce the force of a bump that you feel, but it also evenly distributes the load across the chassis instead of the whole load pressing down on one point. Your ability to get to point A to point B without scraping the pavement is heavily dependent on the leaf spring and shackle bushings which mount the spring to the frame.
Prothane's polyurethane is a stronger material for the mounting points of a leaf spring and shackle. Polyurethane leaf spring bushings are able to handle the stress from the suspension and are not vulnerable to road grime. With Prothane's polyurethane, you can protect your vehicle's ability to carry a load, and your bumpy free ride, for years to come.
Replacing the Faulty Rubber
O.E. leaf spring and shackles utilize a soft rubber bushing to mount the spring to the frame. The rubber is great for reducing the noise and vibrations from being transferred into the cab. Unfortunately, rubber bushings have a short lifespan. Once the rubber fails, due to wear and tear or road grime, a leaf spring's effectiveness is severely reduced. Meaning you will experience a very bumpy ride, the vehicle's ability to carry a load or tow is hindered greatly and you'll experience a loss of control.
Use Prothane's Super Grease
Leaf spring and shackle bushings handle a lot of stress from the vehicle load, so be sure to use the supplied Prothane's Super Grease to lubricate the bushings during installation. Its super important that you lubricate each bushing well to prevent any squeaking. If you'd like some extra grease just in case, pick up an extra 3 pack.
Product Reviews for Rear Leaf Spring Shackles - Dodge Dart - Prothane 4804
- 5 Star (1)
- 4 Star (1)
- 3 Star (0)
- 2 Star (0)
- 1 Star (0)
starstarstarstarstar" Review 2 Years Later "
These parts are excellent. I drive my car everyday and have had no problems whats so ever.verified_user Verified Buyer - Nicholas Ucciardi - . Prothane 4804 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar_border" Good "
Sourced these parts myself instead of letting the restoration company buy them and up-charge me. They installed everything without comment or complaint so everything must be fitting just fine.verified_user Verified Buyer - John Wagner - . Prothane 4804 - 4 out of 5