unarchive In The Box of 6207 keyboard_arrow_down
- 4 of Super Grease - 19-1705-001
- 2 of Metal Sleeves - 60502 (7/8 X .120 X 3.000 inches)
- 2 of Metal Sleeves - 60502 (7/8 X .120 X 3.160 inches)
- 2 of Front Control Arm Bushings - 64094
- 2 of Front Control Arm Bushings - 64108
lock Warranty Information keyboard_arrow_down
- Lifetime Warranty. Prothane guarantees all Prothane Suspension Parts to be free of defects in materials and workmanship (not due to abuse, neglect or misapplication) for the total time the vehicle remains with the original purchaser of the product(s). Should the products fail to meet these conditions, Prothane will replace the product, free of charge. This excludes any and all related labor charges. The product must be shipped to Prothane (postage prepaid) along with a copy of the original receipt."
Prothane Control Arm Bushings
A control arm bushing plays a vital role in a suspension. Replace those faulty O.E. rubber bushings with Prothane's polyurethane control arm bushings. These polyurethane bushings provide the longevity and performance needed to maximize a suspension's efficiency.
Prothane's polyurethane is a firmer bushing than the O.E. Not only does this increase the longevity of the bushing but gives the suspension a boost in handling performance. With a firmer bushing, there will be a slight increase in NVH (noise, vibration, and harshness), but most drivers prefer the boost in performance in spite of that.
The Faulty O.E.
As your suspension travels, a rubber control arm bushing is repeatedly stretching and flexing. After a while, the center sleeve begins to sag and your suspension alignment is throw out of whack. The sagging will go on until the rubber fails completely.
Use Prothane's Super Grease
Control arm bushings are a high stress part, so be sure to use the supplied Prothane's Super Grease to lubricate the bushings during installation. Its super important that you lubricate each bushing well to prevent any squeaking. If you'd like some extra grease just in case, pick up an extra 3 pack.
Product Reviews for 6207 | Ford Mustang Front Lower Control Arm Bushing Kit
- 5 Star (1)
- 4 Star (0)
- 3 Star (0)
- 2 Star (0)
- 1 Star (0)
starstarstarstarstar" great product, "
What you see is what you get. Great product, was able to feel difference in ride.verified_user Verified Buyer - luis ramos - . Prothane 6207 - 5 out of 5
question_answer Customer Questions and Answers
- In the kit 6207, Inner metal crush sleeve is shorter than the bushing. Should I trim the bushing to allow the inner metal sleeve to be flush with the bushing face? This will allow the K member to bolt tight against the inner metal sleeve vs. crushing against the bushing face. Should I grease both the inside and outside surfaces of the bushing before inserting in control arm sleeve?
- To answer your question, If you do any trim on the bushings you will lose your warranty. You may have received a miss-pack since all the sleeve in the kit should be flushed with the bushings. you will need to grease the OD of the bushings before pres ssing in the bushings. You should also grease the inner sleeve outer diameter then slide the sleeve into the bushings after bushing is pressed in control arm. ...see more
- How do I know if I have the hydro bushings for kit number 6207?
- With your bushings now, take a flat head screwdriver and pry on the flange and the control arm. If the bushing separates from the control arm, you have the hydro bushings, if it does not separate, you have the non-hydro bushings.