unarchive In The Box of 6217 keyboard_arrow_down
- 2 of Control Arm Bushings - 64108
- 2 of Control Arm Bushings - 64321
- 2 of Metal Sleeves - 60502 (7/8 X 5/8 X 3.00 inches)
- 2 of Metal Sleeves - 60511 (7/8 X 5/8 X 3.16 inches)
- 4 of Super Grease - 19-1705-001
lock Warranty Information keyboard_arrow_down
- Lifetime Warranty. Prothane guarantees all Prothane Suspension Parts to be free of defects in materials and workmanship (not due to abuse, neglect or misapplication) for the total time the vehicle remains with the original purchaser of the product(s). Should the products fail to meet these conditions, Prothane will replace the product, free of charge. This excludes any and all related labor charges. The product must be shipped to Prothane (postage prepaid) along with a copy of the original receipt."
Prothane Control Arm Bushings
A control arm bushing plays a vital role in a suspension. Replace those faulty O.E. rubber bushings with Prothane's polyurethane control arm bushings. These polyurethane bushing provide the longevity and performance needed to maximize a suspension's efficiency.
Prothane's polyurethane is a firmer bushing than the O.E. Not only does this increase the longevity of the bushing, but gives the suspension a boost in handling performance. With a firmer bushing there will be a slight increase in NVH (noise, vibration and harshness), but most drivers prefer the boost in performance in spite of that.
The Faulty O.E.
As your suspension travels, a rubber control arm bushing is repeatedly stretching and flexing. After a while, the center sleeve begins to sag and your suspension alignment is throw out of whack. The sagging will go on until the rubber fails completely.
Use Prothane's Super Grease
Control arm bushings are a high stress part, so be sure to use the supplied Prothane's Super Grease to lubricate the bushings during installation. Its super important that you lubricate each bushing well to prevent any squeaking. If you'd like some extra grease just in case, pick up an extra 3 pack.
Product Reviews for 6217 | Ford Front Control Arm Replacement Bushing Kit Hydro
- 5 Star (1)
- 4 Star (0)
- 3 Star (0)
- 2 Star (0)
- 1 Star (0)
starstarstarstarstar" Review 1 Year Later "
its been a year since Ive installed these, absolutely no problems at allthey have a good solid steering control unlike the smushy OEM rubber onesverified_user Verified Buyer - Paul Lee Hayden - . Prothane 6217 - 5 out of 5
question_answer Customer Questions and Answers
- After about 10 years now, my bushings are starting to squeak. Is there something I can spray on them to make that noise go away?
- You will need to re-grease them with the marine grade grease.