unarchive In The Box of 6701 keyboard_arrow_down
- 2 of Steering Rack Bushings - 61097
- 2 of Steering Rack Bushings - 61098
lock Warranty Information keyboard_arrow_down
- Lifetime Warranty. Prothane guarantees all Prothane Suspension Parts to be free of defects in materials and workmanship (not due to abuse, neglect or misapplication) for the total time the vehicle remains with the original purchaser of the product(s). Should the products fail to meet these conditions, Prothane will replace the product, free of charge. This excludes any and all related labor charges. The product must be shipped to Prothane (postage prepaid) along with a copy of the original receipt."
shuffle Cross References 1keyboard_arrow_down
Steering Rack Bushings - Ford Mustang II - 6701
Prothane Steering Rack Bushings
Your steering rack is the portion of your steering system that takes your actual input, the turning of the steering wheel, and makes the vehicle react. It does this through two main components: the teeth on the rack itself, and a gear that rolls over them. Steering rack bushings are designed to protect these components from impacts and grime. However, your OE steering rack bushings are most likely made of rubber, and while rubber does a decent job of reflecting impacts, it doesn't hold up to road contaminants.
Prothane crafts each of their steering rack bushings with polyurethane, a material substantially more dependable than rubber. Capable of easily fending off both physical impacts and chemical contamination, these polyurethane bushings are sure to increase your steering rack's dependability and longevity. Plus, Prothane covers all of their steering rack bushings with a lifetime warranty handled in-house here at DST.
Product Reviews for Steering Rack Bushings - Ford Mustang II - 6701
- 5 Star (2)
- 4 Star (0)
- 3 Star (0)
- 2 Star (0)
- 1 Star (0)
starstarstarstarstar" nice part "
overall happy with the bushings, would however have the inside bore a little larger, was a bit of work to get the sleeve into inside of inner bore....it actually cut the bushing a little installing inside sleeve. and i did use energy suspension lube from other energy susp products i have used.. i am actually a real mechanic have turned wrenches on heavy equip for better than 40 years. and built other projects also, have been using your products for a long time. thx....daveverified_user Verified Buyer - dave good / nitrobeast1 - . Prothane 6701 - 5 out of 5
Great Productverified_user Verified Buyer - Vincent Dominick - . Prothane 6701 - 5 out of 5
question_answer Customer Questions and Answers
- Whats in this kit # 6701 and Is there a metal sleeve that inserts in the bushing included?
- This includes the 4 bushings you see but does not come with the metal sleeves. You will need to reuse your current sleeves