unarchive In The Box of 6704 keyboard_arrow_down
- 4 of Steering Rack Bushing, Offset Style - 61110
- 1 of Super Grease - 19-1750-001
lock Warranty Information keyboard_arrow_down
- Lifetime Warranty. Prothane guarantees all Prothane Suspension Parts to be free of defects in materials and workmanship (not due to abuse, neglect or misapplication) for the total time the vehicle remains with the original purchaser of the product(s). Should the products fail to meet these conditions, Prothane will replace the product, free of charge. This excludes any and all related labor charges. The product must be shipped to Prothane (postage prepaid) along with a copy of the original receipt."
Steering Rack Bushings - Ford Mustang - Prothane 6704
Prothane Steering Rack Bushings
Your steering rack is the portion of your steering system that takes your actual input, the turning of the steering wheel, and makes the vehicle react. It does this through two main components: the teeth on the rack itself, and a gear that rolls over them. Steering rack bushings are designed to protect these components from impacts and grime. However, your OE steering rack bushings are most likely made of rubber, and while rubber does a decent job of reflecting impacts, it doesn't hold up to road contaminants.
Prothane crafts each of their steering rack bushings with polyurethane, a material substantially more dependable than rubber. Capable of easily fending off both physical impacts and chemical contamination, these polyurethane bushings are sure to increase your steering rack's dependability and longevity. Plus, Prothane covers all of their steering rack bushings with a lifetime warranty handled in-house here at DST.
Product Reviews for Steering Rack Bushings - Ford Mustang - Prothane 6704
- 5 Star (2)
- 4 Star (0)
- 3 Star (0)
- 2 Star (0)
- 1 Star (0)
starstarstarstarstar" Very impressed "
Excellent part. Fit right in.verified_user Verified Buyer - james russo - . Prothane 6704 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" Quality product "
These bushings went in very well with minimal effort but not loose like some aftermarket stuff. My steering rack now sets level with the tie rods. After a few months of driving, everything still feels good.verified_user Verified Buyer - Tom Williams - . Prothane 6704 - 5 out of 5
question_answer Customer Questions and Answers
- Which direction do the 6704 bushings install?
- You will install the 6704 bushings with the offset hole facing down and centered at the 6 oclock position.