unarchive In The Box of 7204 keyboard_arrow_down
- 2 of Front Control Arm Bushing w/ Shells, Small - 64055
- 4 of Metal Sleeves for 64055
- 4 of Front Control Arm Bushing w/o Shells - 60376
- 2 of Front Control Arm Bushing w/ Shells, Large - 64053
- 1 of Super Grease - 19-1750-001
lock Warranty Information keyboard_arrow_down
- Lifetime Warranty. Prothane guarantees all Prothane Suspension Parts to be free of defects in materials and workmanship (not due to abuse, neglect or misapplication) for the total time the vehicle remains with the original purchaser of the product(s). Should the products fail to meet these conditions, Prothane will replace the product, free of charge. This excludes any and all related labor charges. The product must be shipped to Prothane (postage prepaid) along with a copy of the original receipt."
shuffle Cross References 1keyboard_arrow_down
Prothane Control Arm Bushings
A control arm bushing plays a vital role in a suspension. Replace those faulty O.E. rubber bushings with Prothane's polyurethane control arm bushings. These polyurethane bushings provide the longevity and performance needed to maximize a suspension's efficiency.
Prothane's polyurethane is a firmer bushing than the O.E. Not only does this increase the longevity of the bushing but gives the suspension a boost in handling performance. With a firmer bushing, there will be a slight increase in NVH (noise, vibration, and harshness), but most drivers prefer the boost in performance in spite of that.
The Faulty O.E.
As your suspension travels, a rubber control arm bushing is repeatedly stretching and flexing. After a while, the center sleeve begins to sag and your suspension alignment is throw out of whack. The sagging will go on until the rubber fails completely.
Use Prothane's Super Grease
Control arm bushings are a high stress part, so be sure to use the supplied Prothane's Super Grease to lubricate the bushings during installation. Its super important that you lubricate each bushing well to prevent any squeaking. If you'd like some extra grease just in case, pick up an extra 3 pack.
Product Reviews for 7204 | Front Control Arm Bushings kit | GMC Jimmy 1993-2004
- 5 Star (2)
- 4 Star (0)
- 3 Star (0)
- 2 Star (0)
- 1 Star (0)
starstarstarstarstar" Review 2 Years Later "
So far so good dont drive my truck much but there still holding upverified_user Verified Buyer - Joshua Mease - . Prothane 7204 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" Excellent quality and material "
These parts greatly improve steering and suspension feel. The only issue I had with the installation was the instructions about installing the new steel sleeves in my control arms for the upper bushings. I did find that leaving the sleeves in the house freezer over night made a big difference as well as applying heat to the control arm surface. This did make for a very nice fit when all said and done. This was my first time installing control arm bushings in any vehicle and was able to do it in a few hours for both sides and I changed ball joints and tie rod ends as well in that same time so I can say that it was very easy to change the Prothane control arm bushings and would definitely recommend them to anyone.verified_user Verified Buyer - David J Backer - . Prothane 7204 - 5 out of 5