unarchive In The Box of 7205 keyboard_arrow_down
- 4 of Super Grease - 19-1705-001
- 2 of Metal Sleeves - 60502 (7/8 X .120 X 3.00 inches)
- 2 of Metal Sleeves - 60525 (7/8 X .120 X 3.530 inches)
- 4 of Control Arm Bushings - 64009
- 2 of Control Arm Bushings - 64024
- 2 of Control Arm Bushings - 64025
lock Warranty Information keyboard_arrow_down
- Lifetime Warranty. Prothane guarantees all Prothane Suspension Parts to be free of defects in materials and workmanship (not due to abuse, neglect or misapplication) for the total time the vehicle remains with the original purchaser of the product(s). Should the products fail to meet these conditions, Prothane will replace the product, free of charge. This excludes any and all related labor charges. The product must be shipped to Prothane (postage prepaid) along with a copy of the original receipt."
shuffle Cross References 1keyboard_arrow_down
7205 | C1500 | Front Control Arm Bushing Replacement Kit
Prothane Control Arm Bushings
A control arm bushing plays a vital role in a suspension. Replace those faulty O.E. rubber bushings with Prothane's polyurethane control arm bushings. These polyurethane bushing provide the longevity and performance needed to maximize a suspension's efficiency.
Prothane's polyurethane is a firmer bushing than the O.E. Not only does this increase the longevity of the bushing, but gives the suspension a boost in handling performance. With a firmer bushing there will be a slight increase in NVH (noise, vibration and harshness), but most drivers prefer the boost in performance in spite of that.
The Faulty O.E.
As your suspension travels, a rubber control arm bushing is repeatedly stretching and flexing. After a while, the center sleeve begins to sag and your suspension alignment is throw out of whack. The sagging will go on until the rubber fails completely.
Use Prothane's Super Grease
Control arm bushings are a high stress part, so be sure to use the supplied Prothane's Super Grease to lubricate the bushings during installation. Its super important that you lubricate each bushing well to prevent any squeaking. If you'd like some extra grease just in case, pick up an extra 3 pack.
Product Reviews for 7205 | C1500 | Front Control Arm Bushing Replacement Kit
- 5 Star (1)
- 4 Star (0)
- 3 Star (0)
- 2 Star (0)
- 1 Star (0)
starstarstarstarstar" Exactly what I expected, great improvement "
Bushing install was easy using a ball joint press tool - make sure to get extra lube if you do install yourself, made new bushings, inserts and even bolts slide in easy. I used a sazall to remove old bushings, burning seemed too messy, need to have good hand with sazall though. Job was quick, installed on 1996 C1500, truck turns on a dime now, air bags in back with traction bars and increased swaybar width with poly bushings helps too. Best upgrade choice/process to date!verified_user Verified Buyer - James - . Prothane 7205 - 5 out of 5