unarchive In The Box of 7228 keyboard_arrow_down
- 3 of Super Grease - 19-1705-001
- 8 of Front Lower Control Arm Bushings - 64116
- 2 of Front Upper Control Arm Bushing, Front - 64117
- 4 of Front Upper Control Arm Bushing, Rear - 64126
- 4 of Metal Sleeve, Lower - 60599 (3/4 X 2.120 inches)
- 4 of Metal Sleeve, Upper - 60712 (1 X .800 ID X 1.940 inches)
lock Warranty Information keyboard_arrow_down
- Lifetime Warranty. Prothane guarantees all Prothane Suspension Parts to be free of defects in materials and workmanship (not due to abuse, neglect or misapplication) for the total time the vehicle remains with the original purchaser of the product(s). Should the products fail to meet these conditions, Prothane will replace the product, free of charge. This excludes any and all related labor charges. The product must be shipped to Prothane (postage prepaid) along with a copy of the original receipt."
shuffle Cross References 1keyboard_arrow_down
7228 | Front Control Arm Bushing W/O Shells | Corvette 84-96
Prothane Control Arm Bushings
A control arm bushing plays a vital role in a suspension. Replace those faulty O.E. rubber bushings with Prothane's polyurethane control arm bushings. These polyurethane bushing provide the longevity and performance needed to maximize a suspension's efficiency.
Prothane's polyurethane is a firmer bushing than the O.E. Not only does this increase the longevity of the bushing, but gives the suspension a boost in handling performance. With a firmer bushing there will be a slight increase in NVH (noise, vibration and harshness), but most drivers prefer the boost in performance in spite of that.
The Faulty O.E.
As your suspension travels, a rubber control arm bushing is repeatedly stretching and flexing. After a while, the center sleeve begins to sag and your suspension alignment is throw out of whack. The sagging will go on until the rubber fails completely.
Use Prothane's Super Grease
Control arm bushings are a high stress part, so be sure to use the supplied Prothane's Super Grease to lubricate the bushings during installation. Its super important that you lubricate each bushing well to prevent any squeaking. If you'd like some extra grease just in case, pick up an extra 3 pack.
Product Reviews for 7228 | Front Control Arm Bushing W/O Shells | Corvette 84-96
- 5 Star (1)
- 4 Star (0)
- 3 Star (0)
- 2 Star (0)
- 1 Star (0)
starstarstarstarstar" Well made, not such an easy install for the 1985 C4 Vette "
Those two large or full length upper A Arm bushing will require a bushing press tool. Looks like a "C" clamp. I still had to use a hose clamp around the narrow/center portion of the bushing to keep it from "Ballooning" while trying to push it in. You cant use a press due to having to install the upper arms pivot shaft. Really took some screwing around to get it started, lube makes it want to cock to on side or the other... I think I read somewhere "No tools required". I must have done it wrong??verified_user Verified Buyer - Chris Campbell - . Prothane 7228 - 5 out of 5
question_answer Customer Questions and Answers
- Can you purchase parts individually from the kit 7228? A couple of years ago I bought a set bushings to my cobra project with the Corvette suspension parts. Now when it was time for me to change all the bushings in the front I find that I am missing one part of the 64126 bushing. I have 3 items numbered 64126 but is missing the fourth one, probably has I put it somewhere and forgot where or the miss's has thought it was something for the garbage bin. Is it possible for you to provide me with the missing part or do I have to buy the whole kit once again?
- Unfortunately, Prothane does not sell their parts individually from their kits. You will have to purchase a whole new kit again to replace any parts you may have lost. I do apologize for this inconvenience.
- Will I need to use a press for the Upper control arm bushings out of the 7228 kit?
- Yes, you will need to use a press to install the bushings in kit number 7228. you can use a