unarchive In The Box of 7242 keyboard_arrow_down
- 4 of Metal Sleeves - 60529 (7/8 X .156 X 1.800 inches)
- 2 of Metal Sleeves - 60879 (1.0 X .219 X 2.480 inches)
- 2 of Metal Sleeves - 60944 (1.0 X .219 X 2.450 inches)
- 2 of Front Lower Control Arm Bushings Front - 64468
- 2 of Front Lower Control Arm Bushings Rear - 64469
- 4 of Upper Control Arm Bushings - 64470
- 4 of Flat Metal Washers - 70 (9/16 X 1.750 X 0.125 inches)
lock Warranty Information keyboard_arrow_down
- Lifetime Warranty. Prothane guarantees all Prothane Suspension Parts to be free of defects in materials and workmanship (not due to abuse, neglect or misapplication) for the total time the vehicle remains with the original purchaser of the product(s). Should the products fail to meet these conditions, Prothane will replace the product, free of charge. This excludes any and all related labor charges. The product must be shipped to Prothane (postage prepaid) along with a copy of the original receipt."
Front Control Arm Bushings 2002-2009 Trailblazer and Envoy 2/4WD
These Polyurethane Front Control Arm Bushings from Prothane will replace the original rubber bushings in your '02-'09 Chevy Trailblazer or GMC Envoy. Firmer polyurethane bushings will hold wheel alignment much longer than rubber and will last the life of your vehicle.
The Weak Spot
Your Chevy Trailblazer should be able to live up to its name, but the rubber bushings that hold the control arms to the frame have a lot of give and allow the alignment of your front wheels to shift. The original bushings that flex to absorb road noise and vibration do not hold up well against the stress and elements that are natural for a vehicle that sometimes operates off-road. Even if you keep your GMC Envoy on level ground eventually rubber is going to degrade and wear down to the point that having your front end realigned will become a frequent occurrence.
Camber in 25 Seconds
The camber of your Trailblazer's front tires is important for steering, traction, and tire-wear and the control arm bushings play a big part in keeping that alignment angle steady. During a turn, pressure is put on those bushings and rubber stretches and bends which allows the wheel to tilt to the outside of the turn. This costs you traction and can wear your tire down unevenly.
If you want to strengthen that weak spot in your Trailblazer or Envoy's suspension then you should take a look at Prothane's Polyurethane Front Control Arm Bushings. The polyurethane in these bushings is a harder material than rubber and does a much better job of holding your front end in alignment. Urethane has come a long way since it was first introduced and lower durometers for weight-holding suspension bushings allow for a smoother ride than those first generation poly bushings. Polyurethane does not degrade like rubber when constantly exposed to weather, heat, road salt, or oils. So whether you spend months at a time with chains on your tires or you deal with pavement-boiling heat as we do in Stephenville Texas these bushings will still be holding your control arms in place.
Finishing the Job
If you're original front control arm bushings are in sad shape then it's a good bet that your rear bushings are in the same state or close to it. Luckily Prothane also covers the rear control arms of the Trailblazer, Envoy, or Rainier with a polyurethane rear control arm bushing kit that will completely replace degraded rubber bushings. This will help the entire contact patch of those rear tires recieve the power from your engine instead of wearing down the edges. Like the front bushings, Prothane backs up these, and all of their suspension bushings, with a Lifetime Warranty.
Product Reviews for 7242 | Chevy Trailblazer Front Control Arm Bushings | Prothane
- 5 Star (8)
- 4 Star (1)
- 3 Star (0)
- 2 Star (0)
- 1 Star (0)
starstarstarstarstar" Excellent service, I arrive in Chile in 12 days, I am very satisfied with the product. "
They have not yet been installed in the vehicle, but it is seen that it is made of very good material, I want to highlight the attention and the dispatch, it has been very fast, it took 12 days to get to my home. I totally recommend them. Without a doubt I will make more orders.verified_user Verified Buyer - Daniel San Martín Olmos - . Prothane 7242 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" Review 1 Year Later "
Fit was spot on. They were a PAIN to install... (vehicles fault.) used the grease Properly .... AND..... They SQUEAK! Sigh, The life of Poly Bushings. Not my first rodeo with poly....... Still will buy more.Editors Note: It is very important to use the proper grease and coat the bushing with grease everywhere the bushing comes into contact with metal. Prothane Super Grease is recommended for their bushings. Do not use chassis grease as this deteriorate the poly urethane over time.verified_user Verified Buyer - Jim Greco - . Prothane 7242 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" Review 1 Year Later "
Parts are still working perfectly.verified_user Verified Buyer - Mohamed ElKhodari - . Prothane 7242 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar_border" Good Product "
I purchased this because it says it will fit dorman and original arms. That is mostly true.\nThe LCAs were factory units, and needed to press the bushings and sleeves out for these to fit. I then used a vice to install them with the lube, which was very easy.\n\nThe UCAs one of mine was a dorman unit, one was OEM. Both units needed to use a MAP gas torch to get the bushings out, PITA cleaning the bores. Be prepared with a drill powered wire wheel small enough for the bore. Also be prepared to inhale nasty burning rubber. Id suggest a respirator....\n\nThe OEM control arm, everything fit. The dorman control arm, they had a hard time being pressed in with the metal inside installed already. I had to install the bushings without the metal insert. Then once I installed the metal inserts, it enlongated the bushing by 1/4" inside. You can trim it with a dremel for appearance, but only made it slightly harder to install.\n\n4/5 mainly just because they didnt quite fit right in the dorman arms even though it is labeled as such.\n\nNOTE: Use gloves when working with the grease, it is made to resist soap and other contaminates so it takes adhesive remover and a scrub brush to get it off your handsverified_user Verified Buyer - Ryan Wehrle - . Prothane 7242 - 4 out of 5
question_answer Customer Questions and Answers
- Do the Prothane bushings come with the metal inserts? I have not been able to find any information on them.
- Depending on the bushings, some have the metal sleeve insert and some do not, most kits will advise if you need to save your current sleeves or not.
- Will kit number 7242 come with both left and right bushings?
- The kit number 7242 include both left and right side bushings, upper and lower, for your front control arm bushings.
- For part number 7242, do I need to reuse the outer shell on both the upper and lower bushings or just the uppers?
- On the bushings in kit number 7242, you will need to reuse the outer shells for both the upper and lower control arms.
- Will part number 7242 fit my 2003 Chevy trailblazer 4wd? Also, will this kit do both the left and right side?
- Yes, part number 7242 will fit the 2003 Chevy trailblazer 4wd and will do both the left and right sides.
- Does part number 7242 cover both the left and right sides?
- Yes, part number 7242 covers both the left and right sides.