unarchive In The Box of 7277 keyboard_arrow_down
- 1 of Super Grease - 19-1750-001
- 4 of Control Arm Bushings with Shells - 10008
lock Warranty Information keyboard_arrow_down
- Lifetime Warranty. Prothane guarantees all Prothane Suspension Parts to be free of defects in materials and workmanship (not due to abuse, neglect or misapplication) for the total time the vehicle remains with the original purchaser of the product(s). Should the products fail to meet these conditions, Prothane will replace the product, free of charge. This excludes any and all related labor charges. The product must be shipped to Prothane (postage prepaid) along with a copy of the original receipt."
7277 | El Camino | Rear Control Arm Bushing Replacement Kit
Prothane Control Arm Bushings
A control arm bushing plays a vital role in a suspension. Replace those faulty O.E. rubber bushings with Prothane's polyurethane control arm bushings. These polyurethane bushings provide the longevity and performance needed to maximize a suspension's efficiency.
Prothane's polyurethane is a firmer bushing than the O.E. Not only does this increase the longevity of the bushing but gives the suspension a boost in handling performance. With a firmer bushing, there will be a slight increase in NVH (noise, vibration, and harshness), but most drivers prefer the boost in performance in spite of that.
The Faulty O.E.
As your suspension travels, a rubber control arm bushing is repeatedly stretching and flexing. After a while, the center sleeve begins to sag and your suspension alignment is throw out of whack. The sagging will go on until the rubber fails completely.
Use Prothane's Super Grease
Control arm bushings are a high stress part, so be sure to use the supplied Prothane's Super Grease to lubricate the bushings during installation. Its super important that you lubricate each bushing well to prevent any squeaking. If you'd like some extra grease just in case, pick up an extra 3 pack.
Product Reviews for 7277 | El Camino | Rear Control Arm Bushing Replacement Kit
- 5 Star (4)
- 4 Star (0)
- 3 Star (0)
- 2 Star (0)
- 1 Star (0)
starstarstarstarstar" Great product. "
I have received the bushings. Fit great.verified_user Verified Buyer - Michael Garrison - . Prothane 7277 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" Review 2 Years Later "
Great product. You can feel the difference over stock in the cornering.verified_user Verified Buyer - Brandon Keith - . Prothane 7277 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" Excellent "
Great product. Looks like they are built very well. Installed as directed and looks great on the vehicle.verified_user Verified Buyer - Jeffrey A. Marenda - . Prothane 7277 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" great quality "
Product was of high quality and worked well.verified_user Verified Buyer - Troy C. - . Prothane 7277 - 5 out of 5
question_answer Customer Questions and Answers
- 6 Prothane #64037 bushings with a steel insert through the bolt hole. What I think I may have misplaced looking at other kits: Thrust rubber washers that slide over a steel shell? My bushings also do not have a steel outer shell, do I need one or can I use the originals. Are the parts I may need available separately?
- Unfortunately Prothane does not sell their parts separately from their kits.