unarchive In The Box of 81145 keyboard_arrow_down
- 2 of BRK-10063 - Grease-able B Brackets
- 2 of U-62533 - Grease-able 27mm Sway Bar Bushings.
- 2 of Super Grease
add_shopping_cart Suggested Parts 4keyboard_arrow_down
DST Silver Color - Limited Lifetime Warranty
Whiteline Gold Color Plated - 3 Year Warranty
Replacing the endlinks at the same time as the sway bar bushings will ensure that all the mounting locations for the sway bar are solid, resulting in the best performance from the sway bar.
Prothane provides grease to install these parts, but you can never have too much. Grab an extra 3-pack of grease so you can more liberally apply grease when installing.
lock Warranty Information keyboard_arrow_down
- Lifetime Warranty. Prothane guarantees all Prothane Suspension Parts to be free of defects in materials and workmanship (not due to abuse, neglect or misapplication) for the total time the vehicle remains with the original purchaser of the product(s). Should the products fail to meet these conditions, Prothane will replace the product, free of charge. This excludes any and all related labor charges. The product must be shipped to Prothane (postage prepaid) along with a copy of the original receipt."
shuffle Cross References 1keyboard_arrow_down
Prothane Front Sway Bar Bushing Kit 8-1145
Vehicles 8-1145 Fits
This is Prothane's Rear Sway Bar Bushing Kit 8-1145 for a 1999-2009 Honda S2000. This roadster has the aesthetically pleasing features of a high class roadster, and it also boasts a 4-cylinder engine with and 8900 RPM red line engine, putting out 240 Horse Power. One major issue though: the OE rubber bushings installed on the vehicle do not measure up to this vehicle's standards. One particular bushing that this inefficiency is clear is the rear sway bar bushings. As your suspension does its work, the rubber sway bar bushings stretch and compress and soon lose that grip on the sway bar. Once this grip is gone, there is nothing to hold your sway bar firmly in place while going around a corner. By installing Prothane's performance polyurethane bushings, you can take your S2000 to the next level by allowing your sway bar to perform effectively as if it had a larger sway bar, while protecting yourself from costly repairs down the road.
In this kit are two grease-able sway bar bushings and new brackets. These bushings are designed to fit a 27mm sway bar, so you will want to measure your sway bar just for peace of mind that these will fit your specific bar. Some vehicle manufacturers installed varying sizes of sway bars even in the same year and model. While this is unlikely on Honda's S2000, it is always best to take a few minutes and measure just to be safe. You can find a how-to video on a quick way to measure on our universal sway bar bushing page.
These bushings have a split design for easy installation. Instead of having to take the entire bar off, Prothane has designed this bushing to come apart and slip over your bar. Once you torque up your bolts this gap will disappear. These brackets are zinc plated, to protect against corrosion, and include grease fittings to allow you to easily apply grease whenever it is needed. Two of Prothane's tubes of Super Grease are included with this kit, and you can check out part number 19-1750 to pick up more grease.
compare_arrows Compare with Similar Parts
- This part
- Bushing Material: Polyurethane
- Doesn't include new brackets for the bushings. Not a greasable design.
- Bushing Material: Polyurethane