unarchive In The Box of 1206 keyboard_arrow_down
- 4 of Upper C-Arm Bushings (Inner) - 64230
- 4 of Upper C-Arm Bushings (Outer) - 64234
- 2 of Lower C-Arm Bushings - 64227
- 2 of Lower C-Arm Thrust Washers - 64228
- 4 of Steel Sleeves - 60817 (3/4OD X .120 X 1.830 inches)
- 2 of Steel Sleeves - 60818 (7/8OD X .156 X 2.050 inches)
- 2 of Steel Sleeves - 60820 (3/4OD X .120 X 2.020 inches)
- 8 of Metal Washers - 1187 (1 1/4OD X 1/2ID inches)
- 3 of Super Grease - 19-1750-001
lock Warranty Information keyboard_arrow_down
- Lifetime Warranty. Prothane guarantees all Prothane Suspension Parts to be free of defects in materials and workmanship (not due to abuse, neglect or misapplication) for the total time the vehicle remains with the original purchaser of the product(s). Should the products fail to meet these conditions, Prothane will replace the product, free of charge. This excludes any and all related labor charges. The product must be shipped to Prothane (postage prepaid) along with a copy of the original receipt."
Prothane Control Arm Bushings
A control arm bushing plays a vital role in a suspension. Replace those faulty O.E. rubber bushings with Prothane's polyurethane control arm bushings. These polyurethane bushing provide the longevity and performance needed to maximize a suspension's efficiency.
Prothane's polyurethane is a firmer bushing than the O.E. Not only does this increase the longevity of the bushing, but gives the suspension a boost in handling performance. With a firmer bushing there will be a slight increase in NVH (noise, vibration and harshness), but most drivers prefer the boost in performance in spite of that.
The Faulty O.E.
As your suspension travels, a rubber control arm bushing is repeatedly stretching and flexing. After a while, the center sleeve begins to sag and your suspension alignment is throw out of whack. The sagging will go on until the rubber fails completely.
Use Prothane's Super Grease
Control arm bushings are a high stress part, so be sure to use the supplied Prothane's Super Grease to lubricate the bushings during installation. Its super important that you lubricate each bushing well to prevent any squeaking. If you'd like some extra grease just in case, pick up an extra 3 pack.
Product Reviews for 1206 | AMC Ambassador/American/AMX/ Front Control Arm Bushings
- 5 Star (6)
- 4 Star (0)
- 3 Star (0)
- 2 Star (0)
- 1 Star (0)
starstarstarstarstar" Review 2 Years Later "
Just like new. But I only drive this classic about 6 times a year.verified_user Verified Buyer - jim dewey / cooterclassics6 - . Prothane 1206 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" good replacement option for factory rubber bushings. "
great fit once you get the original rubber bushings out of their factory bushing sleeves. We use slightly thicker washers.verified_user Verified Buyer - Dan Curtis AZ AMC Restorations - . Prothane 1206 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" everything fit correctly and went together easily, however the instruction sheet in the box did not match the parts supplied. "
After calling suspensionparts.com, they immediately verified that the components sent were correct and emailed the proper installation instructions.verified_user Verified Buyer - paul svorec - . Prothane 1206 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" Review 1 Year Later "
The instructions were very good and the bushings were easy to install.verified_user Verified Buyer - Larry OConnor - . Prothane 1206 - 5 out of 5