unarchive In The Box of 7244 keyboard_arrow_down
- 7-244 - Front Control Arm Bushings
- 4 of 19-1750-001 Teflon Lube 5 Grm Tube
- 2 of SHAFT-106 - FRT C-A Shaft 5.200Inch
- 2 of SLV-61071 - (1.00 X 0.219 X 2.00Inch)
- 4 of SNAP-91 - Bulk Snap Ring (0.750 INCH)
- 2 of U-60691 - Ball Joint Boot
- 4 of U-74016 - Hat Style Bushing
- 2 of U-75009 - Hat Style Bushing
- 4 of WASH-1122 (0.750 ID X 1.12 OD X .090)
add_shopping_cart Suggested Parts 1keyboard_arrow_down
lock Warranty Information keyboard_arrow_down
- Lifetime Warranty. Prothane guarantees all Prothane Suspension Parts to be free of defects in materials and workmanship (not due to abuse, neglect or misapplication) for the total time the vehicle remains with the original purchaser of the product(s). Should the products fail to meet these conditions, Prothane will replace the product, free of charge. This excludes any and all related labor charges. The product must be shipped to Prothane (postage prepaid) along with a copy of the original receipt."
7244 | Cobalt | Front Control Arm Bushing Replacement Kit
Prothane Front Control Arm Bushing Kit 7-244
This is Prothane's Front Control Arm Bushing Kit 7-244 for a 2005-2010 Chevrolet Cobalt and a 2006-2011 HHR. Tired of that annoying clunking noise from the front of your vehicle? If you are in the market for upgrading or replacing your cracked rubber bushings on your front control arms, than this have the kit for you. Replace your soft OE rubber control arm bushings with Prothane's performance polyurethane bushings and do away the handling and noise issues caused by your stock rubber bushings for the life of your vehicle.
Many people are experiencing an annoying clunking noise coming from the front of their Cobalt and HHR in as little as 30 thousand miles. When you take your vehicle to your local mechanic, chances are they will tell you this clunking noise is caused by your front control arms. The good news is that the problem is the stock rubber bushings, not the entire arm. More specifically, the clunking is caused by the splitting and/or rotting of your OE rubber bushings. The larger vertical control arm bushing is the biggest issue, as it takes the most stress. The longer your suspension travels, the more this bushing is stretched and compressed until finally, the bushing cracks and clunking will ensue.
By installing Prothane's performance polyurethane bushings, you can solve the clunking without having to replace your entire control arm. For the Front control arm, this kit contains the horizontal position, the vertical position, and the ball joint dust boots for the ball joint. For the vertical position, there is two bushings, one for each side, and two inner steel sleeves that are designed to match your original equipment bolts. By using your OE bolts you can keep the cost of your suspension upgrade down. For the horizontal position, there are four half bushings, two inner steel shafts, and four washers and snap rings. These should cover both sides of the vehicle. You will need to burn out your OE bushings in order to install Prothane's bushings in your arms. This needs to be done very slowly. Make sure you do not use too much heat because your arm is aluminum and too much heat could damage or deform the arms. Prothane recommends that you use plenty of grease when installing. Apply grease anywhere the bushing is in contact with metal to ensure a long squeak free life.
Product Reviews for 7244 | Cobalt | Front Control Arm Bushing Replacement Kit
- 5 Star (5)
- 4 Star (0)
- 3 Star (0)
- 2 Star (0)
- 1 Star (0)
starstarstarstarstar" Nice "
What a pain. After burning out the old bushings the horizontal ones were fairly easy to put in. The back ones though were the devil! After an hour and a half messing with the bushing press rental you can get from Auto Zone I gave up. Lip on bushing is same total diameter as the metal sleeve. Looks impossible. Dropped it off with a local shop and he had a great idea that worked. To get the lip down in size to start the pressing he took a hose clamp and compressed and squeezed the lip and then put it in a vice and it went right in. Just like a piston and piston rings. Best $20 I ever spent!verified_user Verified Buyer - Burke - . Prothane 7244 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" Good product "
Been using these type of bushing for along time and like them a lot never had any problem with them.verified_user Verified Buyer - Fraser MacGee - . Prothane 7244 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" Review 2 Years Later "
Unfortunately I havent installed my Bushing kit yet. The OEM bushings are still in good shape, and Im going to wear them out before upgrading to the Polyurethane ones I purchased. I was buying everything to replace to eliminate the common problem with all HHR and Cobalt front suspensions and the 30K+ mile clunking noise that develops. I solved my clunking noise with the swaybar Moog end links and Polyurethane bushings. I will review these Front Control Arm Bushings at a later date after I have worn out the OEMs and installed these new Polys.verified_user Verified Buyer - Jock Wetmiller - . Prothane 7244 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" very good "
Completely elminated body roll, can handle turns without any problems!!!!!!verified_user Verified Buyer - lucio Perez - . Prothane 7244 - 5 out of 5
question_answer Customer Questions and Answers
- Is there a certain way to install the control arm bushings in part number 7244?
- For part number 7244, you will need to burnout the old control arm bushings, leaving the outer shell in the arm, and then press the new control arm bushings in.
- Can I order just the dust boots out of kit number 7244?
- No, Prothane does not split up their kits.