unarchive In The Box of 8306 keyboard_arrow_down
- 2 of Upper/Inner Control Arm Bushing- 64176
- 2 of Upper/Outer Control Arm Bushing w/ Shaft - 64176
- 4 of Rear Lower Control Arm Bushing - 64181
- 2 of Super Grease - 19-1750-001
add_shopping_cart Suggested Parts 1keyboard_arrow_down
lock Warranty Information keyboard_arrow_down
- Lifetime Warranty. Prothane guarantees all Prothane Suspension Parts to be free of defects in materials and workmanship (not due to abuse, neglect or misapplication) for the total time the vehicle remains with the original purchaser of the product(s). Should the products fail to meet these conditions, Prothane will replace the product, free of charge. This excludes any and all related labor charges. The product must be shipped to Prothane (postage prepaid) along with a copy of the original receipt."
8306 | Rear Control Arm Bushing Kit | Honda Civic 1996-2000
Prothane Control Arm Bushings
A control arm bushing plays a vital role in a suspension. Replace those faulty O.E. rubber bushings with Prothane's polyurethane control arm bushings. These polyurethane bushing provide the longevity and performance needed to maximize a suspension's efficiency.
Prothane's polyurethane is a firmer bushing than the O.E. Not only does this increase the longevity of the bushing, but gives the suspension a boost in handling performance. With a firmer bushing there will be a slight increase in NVH (noise, vibration and harshness), but most drivers prefer the boost in performance in spite of that.
The Faulty O.E.
As your suspension travels, a rubber control arm bushing is repeatedly stretching and flexing. After a while, the center sleeve begins to sag and your suspension alignment is throw out of whack. The sagging will go on until the rubber fails completely.
Use Prothane's Super Grease
Control arm bushings are a high stress part, so be sure to use the supplied Prothane's Super Grease to lubricate the bushings during installation. Its super important that you lubricate each bushing well to prevent any squeaking. If you'd like some extra grease just in case, pick up an extra 3 pack.
Product Reviews for 8306 | Rear Control Arm Bushing Kit | Honda Civic 1996-2000
- 5 Star (7)
- 4 Star (0)
- 3 Star (0)
- 2 Star (0)
- 1 Star (0)
starstarstarstarstar" fit perfect. no instructions were included as to how to disassemble the bushings before installing them. "
Some simple instructions as to how to break down these bushings would have been helpful. They did fix my broken bushing and eliminated a squeak that was driving me nuts.verified_user Verified Buyer - Jason Urps - . Prothane 8306 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" Great parts "
I recommend Prothane over any other brand.verified_user Verified Buyer - Steven Davis - . Prothane 8306 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" Good product & great customer service! "
Once I installed the product, they began to squeak after it rained. But, after putting a few miles on them, the squeak began to fade away.verified_user Verified Buyer - Thomas Myers - . Prothane 8306 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" awesome product "
These bushings are fantastic - my car rides better than ever. It is also a bonus that these parts disassemble, which makes installing much easier than the stock/factory bushings. Ive already recommended these bushings to others.verified_user Verified Buyer - Christian A MARTINEZ - . Prothane 8306 - 5 out of 5
question_answer Customer Questions and Answers
- Can I buy just the lower control arm bushings from part number 8306?
- No, Prothane does not sell pieces from their kits separately.
- Am I able to buy just the piece number 64181 from kit number 8306?
- No, Prothane does not sell their bushings individually from their kits.
- Will the 8306 rear control arm kit fit my Civic with Function 7 aftermarket arms?
- Unfortunately the 8306 is only fitted as OE stock replacement bushings. We can not guarantee fitment on aftermarket arms.
- Can I purchase just one bushing out of the Prothane 8306 kit?
- Unfortunately Prothane does not sell their bushing just by the single piece.