unarchive In The Box of 12004 keyboard_arrow_down
- Front Control Arm Bushings - 1202
- 2 of Super Grease - 19-1750-001
- 4 of Metal Sleeves - 60613 (7/8 X 2.635 inches)
- 4 of Metal Sleeves - 60614 (3/4 X 2.015 inches)
- 4 of C-Arm Bushings - 64012
- 4 of C-Arm Bushings - 64013
- 2 of Thrust Washers - 64014
- 2 of Thrust Washers - 64015
- 2 of Thrust Washers - 64016
- 2 of Thrust Washers - 64017
- 2 of Thrust Washers - 64018
- Rear Spring and Shackle Bushings - 11007
- 1 of Super Grease - 19-1750-001
- 2 of Metal Sleeves - 60596 (3/4 X .083 X 3.200 inches)
- 4 of Metal Sleeves - 60597 (3/4 X .083 X 2.800 inches)
- 4 of Hat Bushings, Small - 61012
- 4 of Hat Bushings, Medium - 61013
- 4 of Hat Bushings, Large - 61014
- Front Track Bar Bushings - 11203
- 2 of Front Track Arm Bushings - 61051
- 1 of Metal Sleeves for 61051
- Front Tie Rod Dust Boots - 191712 x 2
- 2 of Tie Rod Dust Boots
lock Warranty Information keyboard_arrow_down
- Lifetime Warranty. Prothane guarantees all Prothane Suspension Parts to be free of defects in materials and workmanship (not due to abuse, neglect or misapplication) for the total time the vehicle remains with the original purchaser of the product(s). Should the products fail to meet these conditions, Prothane will replace the product, free of charge. This excludes any and all related labor charges. The product must be shipped to Prothane (postage prepaid) along with a copy of the original receipt."
shuffle Cross References 1keyboard_arrow_down
Prothane Package Deals
With a Prothane package deal, all of the bushings you need to completely revamp your suspension are included. Everything that Prothane offers for your vehicle, all together in one kit.
Prothane's polyurethane is a firmer bushing than the O.E. Not only does this increase the longevity of the bushing but gives the suspension a boost in handling performance. With a firmer bushing, there will be a slight increase in NVH (noise, vibration, and harshness), but the performance boost far outweighs this slight increase. Replacing the entirety of your suspension bushings maximizes your handling and ensures it stays that way for a long time.
Replacing the Faulty Rubber
O.E. Manufacturer's use soft rubber bushings when making a car. This is great for dampening noise and vibrations, but not so great for performance or longevity. Once the rubber fails, that quiet and smooth ride will fail as well. Rubber is prone to failure due to wear and tear, UV rays, road grimes, and vehicle oils.
Use Prothane's Super Grease
This package will come with Prothane's Super Grease to lubricate the bushings during installation. Its super important that you lubricate each bushing well to prevent any squeaking. So be sure to use more than enough lubricant when upgrade your suspension bushings. If you'd like some extra grease just in case, pick up an extra 3 pack.
Product Reviews for 12004 | Complete Suspension Bushing Kit | Jeep Cherokee 84-01
- 5 Star (2)
- 4 Star (0)
- 3 Star (0)
- 2 Star (0)
- 1 Star (0)
starstarstarstarstar" good product "
Used your product when I lived in Mexico. Yes another Cherokee, it worked like a champ!! Kenverified_user Verified Buyer - Kenneth Trueman - . Prothane 12004 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" Very good upgrade "
Our 2000 Jeep Cherokee had almost 200K miles on the chassis, the Jeep drove great at highway speeds until you hit a bump; for about 5 seconds after hitting a bump, you had no idea where the Jeep was going to go: to the left, to the right, or straight ahead. After installing the Prothane bushings, the Jeep handles like it did when it was new, stiffer than O.E.. I called the 800 number and ordered my kit, the salesperson was very helpful; I told him what I had and what I wanted. He sold me everything to do the suspension bushings; I did not want to start the project one weekend and not be able to finish it because I did not have everything I need to finish the job. The Instructions were very helpful. The only recommendation I would make is to buy a sheet metal drip pan and put under the bushings when heating/burning the old rubber and sleeve out; the drip pan catches all the molten rubber making clean up a breeze.verified_user Verified Buyer - Michael S Harriman - . Prothane 12004 - 5 out of 5
question_answer Customer Questions and Answers
- I need to replace bushings on my 1995 jeep grand cherokee its 3.5 lifted will 12004 work?
- Part number 12004 is an OEM replacement for your Jeep Grand Cherokee.
- is this kit for 2wd or 4wd?
- Part number 12004 fits both 2 and 4 wheel drive.
- Can I use the 12004 on my 00 Cherokee with a 5-1/2
- The 12004 is used for OE stock vehicles, we can not guarantee fitment with it on lifted vehicles.