unarchive In The Box of 7225 keyboard_arrow_down
- 1 of Super Grease - 19-1705-001
- 8 of Control Arm Bushing with Shell - 64037
- 4 of Thrust Washers - 64038
- 2 of Thrust Washers - 64039
- 2 of Thrust Washers - 64040
add_shopping_cart Suggested Parts 2keyboard_arrow_down
lock Warranty Information keyboard_arrow_down
- Lifetime Warranty. Prothane guarantees all Prothane Suspension Parts to be free of defects in materials and workmanship (not due to abuse, neglect or misapplication) for the total time the vehicle remains with the original purchaser of the product(s). Should the products fail to meet these conditions, Prothane will replace the product, free of charge. This excludes any and all related labor charges. The product must be shipped to Prothane (postage prepaid) along with a copy of the original receipt."
shuffle Cross References 1keyboard_arrow_down
Prothane Control Arm Bushings
A control arm bushing plays a vital role in a suspension. Replace those faulty O.E. rubber bushings with Prothane's polyurethane control arm bushings. These polyurethane bushing provide the longevity and performance needed to maximize a suspension's efficiency.
Prothane's polyurethane is a firmer bushing than the O.E. Not only does this increase the longevity of the bushing, but gives the suspension a boost in handling performance. With a firmer bushing there will be a slight increase in NVH (noise, vibration and harshness), but most drivers prefer the boost in performance in spite of that.
The Faulty O.E.
As your suspension travels, a rubber control arm bushing is repeatedly stretching and flexing. After a while, the center sleeve begins to sag and your suspension alignment is throw out of whack. The sagging will go on until the rubber fails completely.
Use Prothane's Super Grease
Control arm bushings are a high stress part, so be sure to use the supplied Prothane's Super Grease to lubricate the bushings during installation. Its super important that you lubricate each bushing well to prevent any squeaking. If you'd like some extra grease just in case, pick up an extra 3 pack.
Product Reviews for 7225 | Century | Rear Control Arm Bushing Replacement Kit
- 5 Star (2)
- 4 Star (0)
- 3 Star (0)
- 2 Star (0)
- 1 Star (0)
starstarstarstarstar" good parts "
I only needed a few of these.. So far so good everything fit.. Thanksverified_user Verified Buyer - Joseph Leduc / jlpictures - . Prothane 7225 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" excellent fit, night and day difference in stiffening suspension!! "
Awesome kit. Great fit, fast shipping and priced very well for the quality!!verified_user Verified Buyer - Justin Arsenault - . Prothane 7225 - 5 out of 5
question_answer Customer Questions and Answers
- Do I have to disassemble the bushings to install?
- You do not have to burn the rubber out to reuse the shell that is pressed into the rear control arms. This kit Includes the outer shells, Poly bushing and inner sleeves. You would press out the rubber bushings and press in this kit.
- Am I able to purchase just the lower control arm bushings for my 1972 El Camino or do I have to buy the full kit, part number 7225?
- For the 1972 El Camino, we only have part number 7225 available for the rear control arm bushings.