unarchive In The Box of 8215 keyboard_arrow_down
- 2 - 64272 - Control Arm Bushing, Large
- 2 - 64273 - Control Arm Bushing, Small
- 4 - 60879 - 1.0" X 14mm X 2.48" Metal Sleeve for 64272 and 64273
- 2 - 19-1750-001 - Super Grease
add_shopping_cart Suggested Parts 1keyboard_arrow_down
lock Warranty Information keyboard_arrow_down
- Lifetime Warranty. Prothane guarantees all Prothane Suspension Parts to be free of defects in materials and workmanship (not due to abuse, neglect or misapplication) for the total time the vehicle remains with the original purchaser of the product(s). Should the products fail to meet these conditions, Prothane will replace the product, free of charge. This excludes any and all related labor charges. The product must be shipped to Prothane (postage prepaid) along with a copy of the original receipt."
shuffle Cross References 1keyboard_arrow_down
8215 | Acura RSX | Front Control Arm Bushing Replacement Kit
Prothane Control Arm Bushings
A control arm bushing plays a vital role in a suspension. Replace those faulty O.E. rubber bushings with Prothane's polyurethane control arm bushings. These polyurethane bushings provide the longevity and performance needed to maximize a suspension's efficiency.
Prothane's polyurethane is a firmer bushing than the O.E. Not only does this increase the longevity of the bushing but gives the suspension a boost in handling performance. With a firmer bushing, there will be a slight increase in NVH (noise, vibration, and harshness), but most drivers prefer the boost in performance in spite of that.
The Faulty O.E.
As your suspension travels, a rubber control arm bushing is repeatedly stretching and flexing. After a while, the center sleeve begins to sag and your suspension alignment is throw out of whack. The sagging will go on until the rubber fails completely.
Use Prothane's Super Grease
Control arm bushings are a high stress part, so be sure to use the supplied Prothane's Super Grease to lubricate the bushings during installation. Its super important that you lubricate each bushing well to prevent any squeaking. If you'd like some extra grease just in case, pick up an extra 3 pack.
Product Reviews for 8215 | Acura RSX | Front Control Arm Bushing Replacement Kit
- 5 Star (1)
- 4 Star (0)
- 3 Star (0)
- 2 Star (0)
- 1 Star (0)
starstarstarstarstar" Made a big difference in the handling of my car. "
I bought these bushings because my car failed inspection due to a bad control arm bushing. I didnt want to install the same soft rubber bushings as stock. My RSX-S with 180,000 miles now feels better than new. Steering is much tighter and these bushings virtually eliminate wheel hop on hard acceleration. I found that the easiest way to remove the old bushings was to melt the rubber with a torch, hammer the metal center out then cut the outside sleeve with a hacksaw. I installed the new bushings with a large vise. Very good results from a low cost modification.verified_user Verified Buyer - Mark Wiegers - . Prothane 8215 - 5 out of 5