unarchive In The Box of 8224 keyboard_arrow_down
- 4 of 74022 - Upper Control Arm Bushings
- 4 of 60927 - Metal Sleeves (0.875 X 0.499 X 1.850)
- 2 of 74023 - Lower Control Arm Bushings Front Position
- 2 of 74024 - Lower Control Arm Bushing Rear Position
- 2 of 60879 - Metal Sleeves (1.00 X 0.562 X 2.480)
- 2 of 75010 - Lower Control Arm Bushings Rear Position
- 2 of 61073 - Metal Sleeves (1.00 X 0.810 X 2.670)
- 2 of 60512 - Tie Rod Boot
- 2 of 60513 - Upper Ball Joint Boot
- 6 of Super Grease
add_shopping_cart Suggested Parts 1keyboard_arrow_down
lock Warranty Information keyboard_arrow_down
- Lifetime Warranty. Prothane guarantees all Prothane Suspension Parts to be free of defects in materials and workmanship (not due to abuse, neglect or misapplication) for the total time the vehicle remains with the original purchaser of the product(s). Should the products fail to meet these conditions, Prothane will replace the product, free of charge. This excludes any and all related labor charges. The product must be shipped to Prothane (postage prepaid) along with a copy of the original receipt."
shuffle Cross References 1keyboard_arrow_down
8224 | S2000 | Front Control Arm Bushing Replacement Kit
Prothane Front Control Arm Bushing Kit 8-224
Vehicles 8-224 Fits
This is Prothane's Front Control Arm Bushing Kit 8-224 for a 1999-2009 Honda S2000. Honda's S2000 is a fantastic machine. This roadster has the aesthetically pleasing features of a high class roadster, and it boasts a 4-cylinder engine with and 8900 RPM red line engine, putting out 240 Horse Power . One major issue though: the OE rubber bushings installed on the front control arms do not measure up to this vehicle's standards. These rubber bushings will eventually crack, or completely rot away, which will cause a loud clunking noise and could put your control arms in danger of major damage. By installing Prothane's performance polyurethane bushings, you can take your S2000 to the next level and protect yourself from costly repairs down the road, while Increasing your speed and handling especially while cornering.
This kit is a performance polyurethane bushing replacement kit for the upper and lower control arms on your S2000 to give you that edge on the street or the track. The Front Control Arms are covered with a lower bushing for the front position and the rear position, completed with a new steel inner sleeve. For the upper arms there is a pair of bushings for each side with new steel inner sleeves as well. These inner sleeves are designed to match your OE bolt size. This kit is complete with new polyurethane dust boots for the upper and lower joints.
To install this kit you will want to use plenty Prothane's Super Grease for the control arms and sway bars. Prothane also recommends that your mark the camber bolt heads with a paint marker before you remove them. This way you can ensure you will put them back in the right place to keep them aligned. And be sure to wait until the car is back on the ground in a relaxed position before you tighten the strut to the control arm.
Product Reviews for 8224 | S2000 | Front Control Arm Bushing Replacement Kit
- 5 Star (1)
- 4 Star (0)
- 3 Star (0)
- 2 Star (0)
- 1 Star (0)
starstarstarstarstar" Review 2 Years Later "
Ive install only 2 bushings in the kit because of the bad fitment, you asked to me to send you pictures and proof I didnt took the time to do it. I cannot comment on the warranty. Editors Note: We follow certain guidelines about issues with bushings that do not fit. Many factors come into play concerning fitment. We require pictures to show us what the issues with fitment.verified_user Verified Buyer - PATRICK THOMAS - . Prothane 8224 - 5 out of 5
question_answer Customer Questions and Answers
- Is part number 8224 the complete kit for the control arm bushings?
- Yes, part number 8224 is the complete kit for the upper and lower control arms, as well as for the left and right side.